How to Cook a Steak in the Oven

Broiled Steak with Greek Salad

I cooked my steak following the instruction on the video below.  It worked!  I don't have access to a frying pan because I have yet to buy one. I also don't want to bother cleaning my very dirty charcoal grill so I am very happy to have found the following video to learn how to cook a steak in my toaster oven.  I don't have any steak seasoning in my pantry so I used 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper instead to season my steak after coating the meat with olive oil.  I found the steak paired very well with the Greek Salad that I bought from Trader Joe's.  This is my most favorite store bought Greek Salad  (compared to the other salads that I had tried at other grocery stores like Albertsons, Vons, Ralphs), it tasted pretty fresh even though I opened the box too many days after I bought it and it literally passed the "best use by" date on the box.  The steak itself cost $7.99 and the salad added another few dollars to the dinner.  So the per serving cost of cooking a dinner myself wasn't that much cheaper than getting the char-broiled steak dinner from Sizzlers.  I actually prefer the steak dinner at Sizzlers because it came with unlimited cheese toasts and the steaks there always  have a very good char flavor.  Cooking a steak in my little toaster oven can never match up that flavor from a char grill.   I made my own steak tonight only out of curosity, not really out of necessity, or convenience.  It would have been more convenient for me to go get the steak dinner takeout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need To Master Anger Management

Dentist Whom I Trust: Dr. Garry Lam DDS

An Update On The Coronavirus Outbreak