Heart Attack Scare

Symptoms of Heart Attack

A few hours ago when I was window shopping in the mall (aka: my walking exercise), I suddenly felt a nerve pinch kind of pain from deep in my upper inner left arm, which also immediatedly shot to my heart. The pinch pain level was a 3 on a scale of 10 and it was intermitten at about every 5-6 seconds. After each intermitten pain shot to my heart, I also felt a jump ( a noticable off beat) in my heart.  I at first just put up with it, but after such pinch pain continued for about an hour, I went into panic mode. It's because I suddenly remembered how I read about the symptoms of a heart attack for women were unlike the classical ones for men and that pain on the left arm that raidated to the chest can be a symptom of a heart attack for women.  I felt so panicky, I started to feel dizzy, and shortness of breath and I felt like I was going to pass out in the mall.  The more panic I became, the more I felt the symptoms related  to a heart attack, and then the more panic I became. It was like a viscous cycle.  I can't really explain the intensity of my fear at that moment. I just wasn't able to control the anxiety.  At that moment, I felt  as if I was all alone, physcally suffering  in a very dark and dead silent place and I felt incredibly scared and sad at the same time, even though the mall was glittering with cheerful Christamas decorations and bustling with  holidays shoppers.   

Of course now that I am typing this post, that means I didn't actually have a heart attack and I didn't collapse in the mall.  I ran out of the mall and into my car in fear and drove home, because at the time I was thinking, if I were to have a heart attack, I would rather die at home because even though my husband is chronically ill himself, he can at least call 911 for me, and I wouldn't be just someone who collapsed in a mall where nobody knew who I was or who to contact, leaving my husband at home cluelessly waiting for my return.  I know that was a very faulty logic of mine.  But that was the only thing I could think about.  After I arrived home,  I told my husband about my symptoms and fear, he hugged me and told me to eat something from the fridge and take a couple aspirin.  So here I am feeling normal again and there is no more shooting pain to my heart. I just survived a panic attack, and may be an acid reflux?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need To Master Anger Management

Dentist Whom I Trust: Dr. Garry Lam DDS

An Update On The Coronavirus Outbreak