How To Store Green Onions

How To Store Green Onions

I love to sprinkle some finely chopped green onions into my chicken soup whenever I heat up a bowl  in the microwave.  But I often ended up throwing a lot of wilted green onions because I only used a stalk here and there.  Today, I'm keeping my green onions in the plastic container that I got when I bought the Jambalaya from the supermarket deli. I added water to the level where  the white part of the green onions were all submerged and I used the same plastic bag from the grocery store that I used to hold my green onions to cover the plastic container before I put it back into the fridge.  I will see how long this method will keep the green oninons fresh. It does take up space in the fridge though....I learnt about this storage method during my wait at the doctor's office.  One of the old ladies who sat across me in the waiting room told me about this when we were chatting about how we often wasted so much money by cooking at home because we had to throw away wilted veggies.  One advantage about this method is that I'm reusing the plastic that I brought back from the grocery store, without having to toss them away.  I heard that most of the plastics that I threw away in my recyle bin never were recycled..., particularly now that China and Malaysia had refused to take our plastic waste.  To help make my recycle bin more recyclable, I'll have to follow the instructions reported on this article to recyle properly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need To Master Anger Management

Dentist Whom I Trust: Dr. Garry Lam DDS

An Update On The Coronavirus Outbreak